Monday, April 25, 2005

Customer Interview...

I had a surprise interview today by another team of the customer where I'm currently working, apparently interested in working with me in some other Tridion project.
They had the usual questions like how's your Java skills, Tridion knowledge, blah blah blah. I'll skip those boring elements.

The best part was about XSLTs:
[...]
Interviewer #1: "Well, we're looking for an XSLT guru."
Me: "Can't say I am one, I have limited experience."
Interviewer #2: "Can you give us an example of what you've done?"
Me: "3 days ago I changed your metadata xslt and added a couple of simple functionalities to it..."
Interviewers: silence, small sign of perplexity in their face
Me (slightly scared I had touched something I shouldn't): "...I needed to add 2 fields to the broker database...and, not really sure why, I managed not to break it...for the error code handler...you know..."
Interviewer #1 (smiling to Interviewer #2): "That qualifies as being an XSLT guru around here..."
[...]

Cool, I'll start next week coaching their team on XSLT. Now, gotta go find some good XSLT web site/book/resource... O'Reilly's I guess (NOT the Irish pub in Brussels, the other O'Reilly's).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Nuno,

Presumably you managed to find something between April and now, but anyway , I'd recommend Michael Kay's book.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1861005067/104-7953917-2227965?v=glance