As from yesterday, there is a guide outlining the steps required to create a power tool, so I thought it is about time to start recruiting more cooperation from the community.
- Progress bars for long-running processes
- Logging and debugging information
- Item Pickers
The main missing point right now is an Item Picker, but there is some work happening on that one too.
As it is clear if you read the No-nonsense guide to creating a Power Tool, there's a whole bunch of files to create per PowerTool, and each file has a very specific - and required - purpose. As the platform evolves we will be merging more and more of these features into a Common library, but for now you have to live with it...
If you want to collaborate in this project - as we all hope you do - here's some of the things you may want to do:
- Join the powertools discussion
- Join the IRC channel (yes! IRC! like in 1988) on freenode/#tridion
- Design the behavior of the next powertools. As it is now, this project is full of development geeks, but severely lacking on usability experts or actual powertool users. We could certainly use some help from a Functional point of view
- If you're dev-inclined, try out the guide mentioned above, and start playing with it. You may also want to write a better version of it, which we would ALL appreciate.
- Finally - determining icon sets for the tools would be a great contribution too.