Since it is January, and it is the time for wishes, predictions, promises and whatnots, here's a few of my own:
Wishes for 2014:
- I wish Google would finally figure out that changing my geographical location does not change the language I speak in
- LinkedIn to figure out that people, sometimes, do want to link to their groups and would appreciate URLs that don't look like they were generated by some late 90's Portal product.
- The end of "please download our app to see this content"
- The end of "please switch to our mobile|desktop site to see this content"
- The end of WYSIWYG for multi-channel content creation...
- There will be 12 months this year.
- The SDL Tridion MVP Retreat will be absolutely awesome, even better than all 4 past years together
- I will be 40 by this time next year.
- I will fly on an A380 this year (next week actually)
- I will pay some attention to details instead of focusing almost exclusively on the bigger picture (I think our DEV teams will appreciate this)
- I will be more patient with people, and lower my expectations (and pressure) of loved/close ones.
- I will figure out what the heck is the deal with not allowing Distributed Transactions in cloud environments...
- I will do my utmost to do what I want instead of what I have to.
- I will listen more to myself and less to customers (*)
(*) Nothing wrong with listening to customers, and I will continue doing so - but customers rarely want disruptive new features, and look forward to incremental updates instead of "the next thing". Doing the right thing for a product requires a good balance of both disruption AND incremental improvements.